TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
These Terms and Conditions comprise:
- Terms of Engagement; and
- Deirdre Egan Nutrition Terms of Business,
and sets out the terms upon which Deirdre Egan will provide Nutritional Therapy (“Services”) and forms Deirdre Egan’s agreement with you (“Terms”).
By signing these Terms, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms.
In these Terms, we use the following definitions:
“Client” or “you” means the person receiving the Services.
“Deirdre Egan” means Deirdre Egan (LL.B, DBS, DipION, mBANT, CNHC) trading as Deirdre Egan Nutrition.
“Health Plan” means the Nutritional Therapy plan agreed between you and Deirdre Egan.
“Nutritional Therapy” means the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s health. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals looking to enhance their health and those with chronic health conditions.
“Services” means Nutritional Therapy programmes provided by Deirdre Egan to you.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
Deirdre Egan agrees to:
- Adhere to the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) Code of Professional Practice and Complementary Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Code of Conduct that govern standards in Nutritional Therapy practice.
- Provide personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes to support the health of the
- Provide advice strictly within the bounds of Nutritional Therapy, unless otherwise agreed.
- Liaise with medical professionals when appropriate, but only with your express
- Always refer any client with any serious undiagnosed “red flag” symptoms to their medical professional.
- Avoid diagnosing or claiming to treat medical conditions or suggesting Nutritional Therapy as an alternative to prescribed medications or as a replacement for professional medical advice / treatment.
- Ensure that information shared during this process is kept strictly
- Recommend an appropriate referral should it become apparent following assessment that your case is beyond the scope of the services offered.
Deirdre Egan requests that the Client notes the following:
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme.
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and / or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Deirdre Egan may recommend food supplements and / or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:
- Inform Deirdre Egan about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements I am taking.
- Contact Deirdre Egan about any aspect of the Health Plan I do not understand.
- Contact Deirdre Egan if I would like to continue the Health Plan longer than the agreed time period in case of possible adverse
- Report any concerns about Nutritional Therapy promptly to either Deirdre Egan or the British Association of Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT).
- Tell my GP about any undiagnosed health
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP or any other medical provider I shall inform them about my Nutritional Health Programme.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- All Services must be paid for in full 48 hours in advance by bank transfer as per the invoicing details provided by Deirdre Egan to you.
Re-scheduling, cancellations and refunds
- Please arrive for your consultation or be available for your call at the agreed start time, if you are late, the duration of the service may unavoidably be reduced.
- A schedule of dates for your programme will be agreed with Deirdre Egan prior to your first consultation. Consultations, Skype and telephone calls may be re-scheduled upon 48 hours’ notice by contacting Deirdre Egan on 07909 916156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deirdre Egan reserves the right to amend any consultation upon 24 hours’ notice.
- You may cancel any pre-paid Services and obtain a full refund upon 48 hours’ notice, thereafter fees may be payable for any preparatory work undertaken by Deirdre Egan and charged at her discretion.
- If you have commenced a programme and wish to cancel prior to the end of all scheduled services offered within the programme you shall be obligated to pay all fees accrued prior to the effectiveness of your cancellation. Deirdre Egan reserves the right to include fees for all preparatory work and research undertaken in addition to the scheduled contact dates for consultations and calls.
- Deirdre Egan reserves the right to decline to provide the Services to you for any reason and will refund any amounts pre-paid by you for Services not received.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Deirdre Egan shall keep confidential any confidential information which you supply in connection with the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that Deirdre Egan may for the purpose of providing the Services process personal data about you and consent to Deirdre Egan processing such personal data for any purpose connected with the Services. Deirdre Egan will adopt and maintain appropriate security measures for processing data.
- Deirdre Egan will use the personal information you provide to:
- provide the services;
- process your payment for such services; and
- if you agreed to join the newsletter list, to inform you about similar services Deirdre Egan provides, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting Deirdre Egan or selecting the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of emails.
- Deirdre Egan will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows it.
- When you order from the Natural Dispensary, you will receive a 10% discount and Deirdre Egan shall receive a commission of 15% through all products purchased through the Natural Dispensary.
- If you have any queries, questions or concerns about these Terms and/or the Services, please email email@example.com.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them and/or the Services will be dealt with only by the courts of England and Wales.